Coconut, banana and a bit of chocolate is all you need to enjoy these Vegan Coconut Macaroons in no time.
Desserts are rarely healthier than that as we don-t need any oil or sugar (only from the fruits) and they are obviously gluten-free too.
Finally, this vegan dessert is very easy to make and only requires a bowl and an oven.
And I do promise you will be impressed and possibly addicted.
- Banana: any quality of banana (no plantains); they just need to be really ripe.
- Coconut: dry and preferably unsweetened. If you have only larger flakes just blend them a bit first and it should work. Avoid the moisty ones as you need it to work as a flour.
- Chocolate (optional): I just drizzled with some vegan dark chocolate I melted. But there are a few other topping options I will mention later.
If you want some visual direction on how to melt chocolate with bain marie, there is a video by the AtelierdesChefUK.
How to Make Banana and Coconut Macaroons
Peel the bananas and smash them in a bowl with the help of a fork. It is ok to still have some bigger bits, you won’t liquify the banana.
Add the coconut and mix well. Here you can already pre-heat the oven.
With the same fork scoop some of the mixture and gently mold it into a ball. It is quite easy to mold so I don’t oil my hands at all.
Place on a tray covered in parchment paper and flatten each ball a little.
Bake until golden. It takes around 25 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 350F.
If you wish so, drizzle with some melted chocolate. Or even dip it like I did…
My first week making this recipe I did it 3 times. Couldn’t get enough.
So I have tried with some other toppings and loved them all.
- Strawberry or cherry Jam
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla custard
- Dolce de Leche (haven’t tried but can’t wait!)
- And dreaming about Salted Caramel sauce on top. Might have to write a recipe post just for that one.
- Chocolate dip you can see in the picture is just dark chocolate melted with a little Oat Cream (about 1 tbsp for 1 chocolate bar or 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil).
And if recipe interested you I am sure you’ll appreciate also my Pineapple Balls, that requires only 2 ingredients.
Coconut Macaroons – 3-Ingredient Vegan Dessert – Easy and HealthyCourse: Dessert, SnackDifficulty: Easy
Coconut, banana and a bit of chocolate is all you need to enjoy these Vegan Coconut Macaroons in no time. Easy, healthy and delicious!
Bananas, 2 very ripe large
Coconut, dried and finely shredded, 1 cup
Chocolate (optional), about 2oz
- Peel the bananas and smash them in a bowl with the help of a fork.
- Add the coconut and mix well.
- With the same fork scoop some of the mixture and gently mold it into a ball.
- Place on a tray covered in parchment paper and flatten each ball a little.
- Bake until golden. It takes around 25 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 350F.
- If you wish so, drizzle with some melted chocolate.
- Check The Ingredients section for details on possible substitutions.
- Best if stored in a closed container.