If you want to cleanse and eat tasty food at the same time, try this Detox Zucchini Spinach Soup.
It is ridiculously easy and takes only a few staple ingredients, super quick too. Not to mention the bomb of flavours you get from the vegetables alone.
They are filling enough to be a whole meal but you can also adapt the proportion and eat alongside other dishes and have the healthy benefits still.
Spinach and zucchini help the liver, the organ that every minute purifies about a liter and a half of blood, neutralizing the harmful substances that we can ingest.
It is important, therefore, to follow a diet that contributes to “lighten” the work of the liver and to improve the processes of eliminating the toxins.
- Zucchini: any variety, although the darker ones will give a slightly creamier texture.
- Spinach: can be fresh or frozen.
- Carrot: any colour.
- Potato: is added here more for the consistency, so I recommend the white ones with more of a plain taste.
- Celery: if you like the taste of celery you can add also the leaves here, it will be more accentuated but they have many properties and this recipe is a good way to use them. I don’t like their texture very much but I love them in this recipe and my Celery Dip.
- Onion: shallots are a great option to swap.
- Olive Oil: Optional
- Broth: I do have a very simple yet effective recipe you can access by clicking the picture below. If you absolutely don’t have the time just use water and add some powder and dried herbs, as we won’t be sieving. Although just some salt and pepper or chili are already delicious.
How to Make Detox Zucchini Spinach Soup
I am sure you’ll be impressed with the taste and how quick this vegan soup will be ready.
Detox Zucchini Spinach Soup – Vegan Healthy CleansingCourse: MainCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
This Detox Zucchini Spinach Soup is easy and takes only a few staple ingredients, quick too. A bomb of flavours from healthy cleanse veggies.
3 regular Zucchini or 5 smaller ones
7 oz frozen Spinach (or double if fresh)
1 regular Potato
1 regular Onion
1 big Carrot
1 Celery stalk
Salt to taste
2-3 cups (17-25 oz) vegetable Broth, enough to just cover the vegetables.
- Chop all the vegetables into pieces, the onion and carrot into smaller pieces.
- Brown the onion with a spoon of water to prevent sticking to the pan (oil is optional).
- If you’re using fresh spinach cook them for 10 minutes in another covered pan first.
- Add to the onions all the cut veggies and the spinach (frozen or cooked) cover with the vegetable broth and cook for 20-25 minutes, over medium heat.
- When the vegetables are soft, turn off the stove and beat with a hand-mixer.
Add salt and mix some more.
If using water instead of the broth add the other spices now too.
- Serve, optionally, with a little olive oil and some black pepper or chili. Hot or cold.
- Please check The Ingredients section of the post for possible substitutions.
- You can use a blender instead of the hand-mixer but if your cup is plastic wait for the soup to cool first.
- If in doubt about the amount of broth just add less, as the veggies will release some, and you can put more when mixing, if needed.