These have to be the easiest, most delicious, super-healthy whole grain oat bars.
This cereal bar is sugar-free, vegan, honey-free, gluten-free and lactose-free.
The coolest thing is that this banana cereal bar only has 2 required ingredients! They are surprisingly good just with banana and oats.
This vegan banana oat bar is totally wholesome and you can create endless flavors with it.
Perfect for your healthy vegan breakfast. Easier than the store-bought to take away (without sugar or oil) and perfect for a filling snack. It is FILLING!
- Banana: any type, very ripe as this is the only sweet source in the oatmeal bars.
- Oats: rolled.
- Cinnamon (optional): you can skip or add something else, or something more. More suggestions bellow.
- Seeds (optional): I’ve used a mixture of seeds but again it’s totally up to you. Leave it or add to it.
How To Make Banana Oat Bars
We start by preheating the oven to 350°-400°F, using this time to roast any seeds or nuts for 10 minutes. (There is an actual reason, as explained on Yummy.ph, and it does affect flavour.)
Smash the bananas, add all other ingredients and mix. Add the water and mix well.
Transfer to a baking tray and press well before taking to the oven for 30 minutes.
I really hope you get to know this recipe. So many possibilities. Here are a few ideas:
- Peanuts and dried Cramberries
- Cardamom, Raisins and Vanilla
- Coconut and Chocolate
- Dates and Orange zest
- Ginger, Nutmeg and Turmeric
Super easy and healthy vegan snack to take-away too, without oil or sugar stickiness it is even easier to pack.
Breakfast all day long!
Oat BarsCourse: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
These have to be the easiest delicious, super-healthy oat bars. Only 2 required ingredients, wholesome and you can create endless flavors.
Bananas, 3 very ripe, medium to large
Rolled Oats, 2 cups
Water, 1 tablespoon
Seeds, 1/2 cup (optional)
Cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and add any seeds or nuts for about 10 minutes, this will release the flavour.
- Smash the bananas with a fork, add all other ingredients, incuding the roasted seeds (or other optionals you prefer) and mix with a fork.
- Add the water and mix really well.
- You can make 6 bars (in a loaf tray) or 9 bars (in a bigger one). If necessary oil a bit.
- Add the dough to the tray and press well with a fork. You can pre-mark the bars with a spatula, optional.
- Bake for about 30 minutes and lei it cool for 10 before eating.
- Please check the Flovours section for optionals.
- The bars can be kept in a closed container in the fridge or even frozen.