Breakfast won’t get any quick, easy and healthier than with these delicious Vegan Banana Cookies made with Oat Bran and Nuts.
They are gluten-free, sugar-free, oil-free and yet flavorful and crispy.
The oat bran also adds to the healthiness and makes them crispier and easier to take with you as a healthy snack or to-go breakfast option.
We also have a lot of ad-on ideas you can use to spruce you vegan healthy cookies or just to vary, as I can guarantee you won’t be having these only once.
As you can see⬆ they are quite easy to upgrade too. They go well with pretty much everything.
Quick and super easy to make too.
- Banana: make sure it is a really ripe banana, a black one should work amazing here, as the only sugar you have in the recipe comes from the fruit.
- Oat Bran: you can use oat flour (or just blend your rolled oats, like I always do). I have already tried, actually for a couple of times, and the biggest difference is that with the oat bran the cookies are a bit crispier, as the flour adds a bit of moist. You can also substitute some of the bran for rolled oats, whole.
A bit more about Oat Bran on this post from HealthLine, if you are interested in the benefits.
- Mixed Nuts and Seeds: today I’m using Walnuts, Peanuts and Almonds. But any would do, in any proportion. I have used Brazil nut and Pecans before.
- Raisins: to keep the cookies crispier stir the raisins with a fork after taking the mixture from the mixer.
- Candied Fruit: same as the raisins.
- Cinnamon: add to the mixer or cover the raisins with the powder before adding them.
- Cocoa: same as above.
- Coconut: you can sprinkle on top just before taking the cookies to the oven or add to the mixer. In the las case take out a bit of the oat bran or it might get too dry.
- Chocolate Chips: inside the mixer of after, or on top. It’s chocolate, it’ll work.
How to Make Vegan Banana Cookies with Oat Bran
Thank you for coming this far!
Vegan Banana Cookies with Oat Bran – Gluten-Free Oil-Free Sugar-FreeCourse: Snack, DessertCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
These Vegan Banana Cookies with Oat Bran are gluten-free, sugar-free, oil-free and yet flavorful and crispy. Healthy, easy and quick to make.
2 very ripe Bananas
1 cup Oat Bran
1/2 cup mixed Nuts and Seeds
- Start by blending the peeled bananas with a mixer. We want them creamy and without pieces.
- We then add the oat bran and mixed nuts. Blend all the ingredients until all is well mixed and the texture is sticky. The time will depend on the nuts chosen and ripeness of the bananas, but it should be between 2 and 5 minutes.
If the mixture happens to be too soft add more bran or nuts.
- With the dough obtained we roll small balls by hand (I find it too sticky for a scoop).
Lay the balls on a tray, covered with parchment paper, and flatten them thin with a fork.
- Bake them at 350° F for about 15-20 minutes. When ready, let the cookies cool still in the oven turned off, with the door semi open. This will make them crispier.
- Please check The Ingredients section of the post for possible substitutions and additions to the recipe.