These AMAZING Vegan Chocolate Truffles with Coconut do not taste like apples, at all. The fruit is the secretly healthy ingredient that gives the vegan sweet the perfect moisture and binding.
What they do taste like is CHOCOLATE firstly, and COCONUT. And they do taste amazingly good. One of those sweets that you can swear is less healthy than they are.
The truffles are also raw and super easy to make, taking only a few simple ingredients and even fewer steps.
- Cocoa: 100% cocoa powder.
- Oats: I use rolled oats ant blend them. Never tried but finer oats or even oat flour should work with very similar results.
- Apple: I have tried with different varieties and, since we use only for the moist and binding properties, there is no difference in the taste. However there might be a difference in the amount of liquid they bring. But just add the coconut slowly to regulate that easily.
- Coconut: dried and fine shredded. The finer the better here, for a more delicate truffle. If you have bigger flakes just blend a little before (like we’ll do with the rolled oats).
- Almond: like the apple, it is here mostly for the texture than the taste. You can use another nut but that’s the most delicate choice.
- Cinnamon: totally optional.
- Sugar/Sweetener: the only sweet ingredient here are the apples so we do need a little help. I am using Fructose today but any sugar/sweetener is fine. I’ll explain better when to taste and add more, if needed.
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Truffles with Coconut and Apples
⬆ An idea to cover your truffles with Cocoa and Cinnamon in a slightly different way.
Roll over a mixture of cocoa and cinnamon.
Getting a kind of marbled look.
I really do hope you try these vegan chocolate truffles with coconut.
And that you like them enough to try my other healthy vegan and super easy mini desserts:
- Chocolate Truffles with Chickpea Flour
- Chocolate Banana Truffles
- Coconut Lemon Truffles
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Truffles
- Pineapple Balls
- Carrot Cake Balls
Vegan Chocolate Truffles with Coconut and ApplesCourse: Dessert, SnackCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
AMAZING Vegan Chocolate Truffles with Coconut & Apples that don’t taste like apples. They taste like CHOCOLATE and coconut. Secretly healthy.
3,5 tablespoons (0,9 oz) Cocoa powder, a bit more to cover the truffles
5,3 oz Apple pulp (about 1 1/2 small apples)
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, more to cover the truffles
1/2 cup (1,8 oz) Rolled Oats, finely blended
0,7 oz (about 20 almonds) Almonds, with or without the peel
1/2 cup (1,3 oz) dry grated Coconut
3 tablespoons Fructose (or sugar/sweetener of choice)
- Blend well the rolled oats until a fine flour consistency. Blend the coconut, if yours aren’t finely grated already. Reserve.
- Peel and core the apples. Chop them roughly and blend until the almonds are completely crushed.
- Transfer the apple and almond mixture into a bowl and add the sweetener, cocoa, cinnamon, coconut and blended oats.
Stir until you can knead easily for a few minutes until the sweetener or sugar of choice is melted and the coconut absorbs more humidity.
- Let it rest in fridge for about 10 minutes and proceed to make the truffles.
- Roll over the mixture of cocoa powder and cinnamon.
The truffles are ready to eat but I do find them a lot better after a couple of hours in the fridge. Or about 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Please check The Ingredients section of the post for possible substitutions.
- If you want your truffles really covered in the cocoa and cinnamon powder, roll them straight after rolling the balls.