Fajita, burrito, wrap, flat bread, naan…you name it, it will taste better with these DELICIOUS Vegan Zucchini Fritters.
So simple, these can be eaten as little fritters with sauces and spreads, they make for a super filling lunch or dinner as burgers and for a lighter side to a filling salad.
The fritters take only very few ingredients and you can really taste the veggies in the end result.
Easy, quick and simple but full of flavour.
- Zucchini: any type.
- Carrot: also any variety is fine. However if they’re older you might struggle to grate them.
- Onion: any onion, scallion or even spring onions are great.
- Linseed: can be substituted for chia seeds, using the same amounts.
- Oats: you can blend rolled oats like I’m doing here or use the same amount of oat flour.
- Olive Oil: you can use another oil you prefer but be sure is one you like the taste as it might appear even after baking.
- Parsley: cilantro makes for a very substitution. I like it specially combined with spring onions instead of onion. I have dried dried but do prefer to use it fresh here.
- Salt and Pepper: to taste.
How to Make Vegan Zucchini Fritters
MIXING & MOLDING
I really hope you get to try these Vegan Zucchini Fritters inside a nice packed wrap, fajita, burrito or anything that goes inside a flat bread.
You can enjoy them in a variety of ways, of course, but the texture is just perfect with some vegan sauce (Celery Sauce) and wrapped.
For a totally different fritter, more burger-like recipe, please take a look at my Chickpea Burger or even Eggplant Meatballs, for a burger sandwich or sub.
Vegan Zucchini FrittersCourse: Main, SnackCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
Fajita, burrito, wrap, flat bread, naan, you name it will taste better with these DELICIOUS Vegan Zucchini Fritters.
3 cups (17,4 oz)) grated Zucchini
1 cup (3,6 oz) grated grated Carrot
1/2 very finely grated Onion
1 cup Rolled Oats (or Oat Flour)
2 tablespoons Linseed
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
6 tablespoons of Water
- Blend the Linseeds for about a minute. In another container mix the powder with the water and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Blend the Rolled Oats until flour-like. Take to a big bowl. Grate the Onion as fine as possible (more than the zucchini and carrots). Squeeze the extra water with the help of a clean cloth and take to the same bowl as the oat flour.
- Grate the Zucchini and Carrots, add about 1 tablespoon of Salt and mix well. Place on a clean cloth and let it rest for 15 minutes. After this time squeeze as much water as possible, always with a cloth.
- Take the Zucchini, Carrots, Linseed gel, Salt and Pepper and Olive Oil and add to the bowl with the Oat flour and Onions. Mix with your hands for 5 minutes, divide the batter in 5 parts and mold the patties/burger.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 390° F for 20 minutes on each side.
- Please check The Ingredients section of the post for possible substitutions.